About The Hares
With real energy and a total passion for performing live to the highest standard, whilst satisfying the need to induce people to move to music, we secured one of the only two animal based band names left. Unfortunately naming ourselves after its fluffier cousin wouldn't have gone down well with the band & groupies rumours. So there you have it! 'The Hares' were born in London in 2003. Originally an acoustic duo, now matured into a fully grown events band and have been growing in profile ever since. Creating a fantastic party atmosphere with a vibrant pace and really getting our audiences dancing has built our fantastic reputation over the past 14 years, throughout London's finest live music venues and many of the most prestigious events throughout the UK and in Europe.
The Hares are one of London most booked live covers bands for events. Whether it be large or small events, no matter what your venue size, we can tailor our multiple acoustic and electric guitar based bands with brass section and keys line-ups to best suit your audience and event type, giving your guests a great occasion to remember.
We perform at over 300 events, weddings & private functions a year, performing to audiences of over 2500 people at some events. However large or small your venue and audience we can put something unique and very special together for you. Contact us with the details of your event.
Working With Many Impressive Clients & Venues
- Sky TV, Skyride VIP area on The Mall in London, Ride London Stage Green Park London, Barclays Events, Microsoft Promotional Events, Peugeot Citroen Retail UK, Trusted Reviews Awards Night, Hewlett Packard, Brooklyn Bowl, Westworth Kemp Events, Disney, Nike, Royal Ascot Racing Club, Richmond Running Festival, Youngs Brewery Events, Friends Of Cambridge The Boat Race, The Breakfast Club, Porterhouse Brewing Company, Cavell Nurses Trust, Help For Heroes Charity, The Globe Theatre, One Horseguards Parade Whitehall, The Bucks Club, Lingfield Park, Blenheim Palace, Bloomsbury Hotel, Bucks Club and regularly performed at high profile hotels such as The Grosvenor Buckingham Palace Road, Marriot Hotel County Hall, The Hilton Park Lane in London, The Bingham in Richmond, Great Fosters Surrey, The Langham Hotel London and are recommended suppliers to Bijou Weddings, Milbridge Court, Preston Court amongst many many others.
- Around our events The Hares are resident band at many of Central London's, Canary Wharf and The City's most popular bars and venues including being the recommended band for events at 'The Brooklyn Bowl' in O2 Arena London.
“Hi Ryan and to everyone who made The Hares on our wedding night. I personally spent some time searching for bands for our wedding and when we discovered you guys it was definitely a feeling of excitement. From hearing the real live sound of your covers on YouTube (compared to recorded versions on many wedding band websites) to speaking over the phone and appreciating your professionalism, I felt this was not at all a risky choice. I thought the covers on the night had a real feeling of uniqueness and obviously everyone was loving the vibe. I very rarely make comments on reviews but for anybody searching for a wedding band, these guys are great!”
— Event Client 2016
Working Together With Our Clientele
- We love working direct with our clients which guarantees our own professional service, by building a relationship from the beginning, understanding exactly what you require for your event. We get more client referrals and you get exactly what you expect from us at your event.
- We are always on the end of the phone or an email away to fully answer any questions.
- We contract all our events with our terms & conditions and hold a deposit payment sending you signed confirmation of your booking.
- Yes we perform all over London, the UK & Europe and are more than willing to travel.
Watch Us Live At Regular Showcases
- Come meet us in person and see us perform at any of our Showcase bar events, we absolutely encourage it as nearly all clients book us upon doing so. If you can't make it to London then our videos are 100% live just without the audience and great atmosphere we always create.
- Our recommended showcase's can be found on our events page for the coming month.
- Please note the atmosphere and audience of our venues vary across London and our live sets are not always similar to how we would perform at a wedding or a party event. At certain venues we may alter our sets and feel to many songs, to best suit a venue and the client base there which is an important part of the tailoring process. That's why we are great at what we do, so please keep an open mind when making your decision.
- You can book any of our live music packages for your evening entertainment and be assured we will create the best party atmosphere at your event.
- We have 17 years experience performing at all kinds of different events. All of which have been a huge success. Client Feedback.
- We offer packages for private functions, wedding ceremony, drinks reception and wedding breakfast music with use of our PA and microphone for any speeches.
- Over the years we have performed to over 2500 people and performed to as little as 3 people, we'll love playing for you all the same.
- We regularly perform at a variety of large and small venues. We can adjust our sound volumes and PA system to best suit your functions space so whatever your audience number, large or small, we have the equipment to suit your event.
- The Hares are a very versatile act, playing fast-paced, upbeat roof-raising gigs or far more chilled live lounge sets depending what best suits your venue and event.
- Looking for a live band and DJ? See our DJ page for more info and our recommended event timings.
Please note with our live music only bookings we include a playlist in our short break between live sets, should you want your whole evening covered you will need to include our DJ package as detailed in our full quotes. Please see our DJ page for full details.
Recommended Event Timings
- It works best with the live music either side of your evening food with 30-45 minute break between our live sets. If this is a set dinner then its best to perform afterwards.
- During the break between our sets we can provide a short mixed playlist on an iPod between live sets, keeping the atmosphere going. We will use our discretion as to when to start our second live set after the majority have eaten.
Standard Wedding Timings with our DJ Package - We are flexible however these approximate timings have always worked best at our past events.
- 7pm - 8:15pm - DJ mixed music playlist to suit the atmosphere as the evening begins. (Cutting of cake & First Dance co-ordinated between 8pm/8:15pm).
- Live Band Set 1, 8:15pm-9:30pm (Approx 60 minutes)
- The Break, Ideal time for any evening food during the 30-45 minute break. DJ mixed music playlist & requests between live sets obviously keeping the atmosphere up. We will use our discretion as to when to start our second live set after the majority have eaten.
- Live Band Set 2, 10:15pm-11:15pm. (Approx 60 minutes)
- 11:15pm onwards, DJ mixed music playlist & requests for remainder of evening until midnight finish.
Roaming Acoustic Band
- You can hire The Hares 'Roaming Band' to perform at your corporate or promotional events & drinks receptions. We perform acoustically with acoustic guitar, upright double bass, percussion, vocals and additional trumpet, wandering amongst your audience to add an extra intimate and fun dimension to any event. We can just add background ambiance to a drinks reception or give a foot-tapping feel good singalong vibe to any event. We won't take up much space and can move around covering every corner of your event space, giving your guests another talking point. We don't require any equipment apart from our instruments and we will fit in perfectly with any sound restrictions and no amplification limits at your venue. Get in touch for our roaming acoustic band quotes.
Afternoon Events, Drinks Reception Live Music
- The Hares can perform laid back acoustic afternoon sets in a live lounge style, during drinks receptions and private functions.
- We perform ambient low key background or upbeat acoustic sets whatever best suits your events ambiance.
- Hire our roaming acoustic band for drinks receptions, promotional and corporate events in London, UK & Europe.
- We also offer packages for private functions, wedding ceremony, drinks reception and wedding breakfast music, with use of our PA and microphone for speeches.
Wedding Ceremony Live Music
- We offer a package of live and recorded music as your guests are being seated, during bride entrance, signing of the register, then as bride and groom exit.
- We can offer use of our PA system for speeches and ambient background iPod music to use throughout your Wedding Breakfast.
Wedding Breakfast or Private Function Background Music With Microphones For Speeches
- We offer a package for early arrival with iPod or Spotify playlist music during your wedding breakfast or dinner function, along with use of our microphones for any speeches.
Your Wedding First Dance
- We find it always works best to start with your first dance, just before our first live set and encourages people up onto the dance floor. This really helps break everyone in with the rest of the evenings dancing, in turn complimenting the usual debauchery we witness. Bottoms Up!
Sound, Lighting, Public Liability & PAT Certificates
- Our PA System and lights are included in our booking options.
- Our sound system is very versatile for large or small venues, suiting either high & lower volume level type of events.
- Our Lighting System (LIGHTING VIDEO) 2x Stage Lights, 1x Dancefloor Laser.
- Public Liability Insurance Cover - Up to £5 Million.
- Fully PAT Tested Equipment.
- All certificates available on request.
Our Code Of Dress
- Smart dress, as seen in our promo pictures for all events.
- If your event is less formal or fancy dress we can happily join in so please tell us! Animal costumes are generally hot and hard to play guitar and sing in so please always check with us first.
Arrival & Set-Up Times
- We like to be early so will arrive around 2 hours before we are due to start our live set or DJ music depending upon which you have booked with us.
- We then wait like ninjas until required to set up without disruption, taking approx 20 minutes as our acoustic or 30 minutes as our electric line-ups.
- We don't require a sound check as we use a digital desk and set up very discreetly during the time the function room is turned around for the evening party.
- We will need to know when we can gain access to the performance area and can liaise with the venue staff or event co-ordinator.
- We are very experienced at traveling around London and the UK motorways at all times of year to our events, this knowledge definitely helps at peak times.
Our Requirements & Band Rider
- Requirements to be ensured by the ‘Client’, all requirements standard with professional event bands.
- Please ensure your venue staff are aware of these and ideally a bar tab is authorised beforehand so we don't need to bother anyone.
- Power: 2 x 13 amp power sockets (minimum).
- Set up Space (minimum): Solo Man on a chair, Duo 2x1 metres, Acoustic Trio 3x1 metres, Acoustic 4-5 Piece Band 4x2 metres, Electric Trio 3x3 metres, Electric 4-5 Piece Band 4x3 metres. (All measurements are an ideal minimum).
- Band Rider: For all band members a hot meal or buffet food (No Sandwiches please), a supply of coffee, water & soft drinks available throughout at events. (Please note with our 4-5 piece band we may bring a sound engineer with us).
- Parking: Sufficient secure parking to be made available, any parking charges to be covered by the ‘Client’.
Our Event Recommendations
- These recommendations are drawn from our experience of events and purely offered to you as a guide.
- You can trust our experience! We play lots of private events & wedding functions a week. Yes that's a lot of party's and a lot of sausage rolls!
- Position our band near the bar or in the same room if possible. Bars are where people congregate and helps us get them involved.
- A really long event can be a killer for a good party later on, in our experience the shorter the day overall the better the atmosphere later on the night.
- In summer people generally congregate outside until dark, think where we can best be heard by everyone at your venue.
- In regards to our live sets, as this is the main event, the later start the better, for our events recommended and typical timings please see our DJ page.
Guarantee Of Booking
- We fully contract all our events and have honoured 100% of them.
- Should any of our members fall ill and we don't have one of our many deputy's or other bands we know available to play for you we will refund your deposit and refer you to one of our many professional agents to find a suitable replacement asap.
- As we have mentioned we have completed 100% of our bookings without a problem through all kinds of weather, colds and flu but if for some reason we cannot physically play live for you and another suitable act cannot be found via our agents, we will still send a DJ to cover the evenings entertainment at an agreed rate.
- We are eternal optimists however we're not gods unfortunately, so need to mention 'force majeure' still applies as detailed in our contract and T&C's page.